Thursday, February 21, 2013

Craft projects

Here are a few craft projects I've been working on recently. Although I didn't follow any pin exactly, I must say that a lot of the inspiration for these projects was really "Pinspiration" (from Pinterest).



 My first project was a new wreath. I had an old, plain wreath that I thought I could cover. I bought some twine from Walmart and wrapped it around the entire wreath and tied it off at the end. I did this while watching a TV show with Daniel so it made the time go by a little faster. The next step was the flowers.


I had some material left over that I used to cover some pillows so I decided to use that to make the flowers. I cut the circular strips, rolled them up, hot-glued them onto the wreath, and viola!



My next project was for a birthday party for my friend, Betsy. Remember the scrap booking paper I bought with my mom? I used that to make a little banner. I also used the same kind of twine (used in the wreath) to hang the banner up.
The birthday banner
Up close view of the birthday paper
I was pretty pleased with how it turned out! It was simple, but added a little something to our evening. Kristie brought cupcakes, Rebekah brought Betsy's favorite flowers, and I made Skinnytaste Spinach Artichoke Dip. It turned out pretty well!



We had a fun girls night together getting to celebrate our wonderful friend, Betsy. Once the girls left Daniel got to enjoy the dip, too! :)

Have you been working on any projects recently?

Love,
Laura







No comments:

Post a Comment