Thursday, March 26, 2015

Family Friday: Second Trimester

Hi Friends!

It is technically still Thursday, but since tomorrow marks the beginning of my third trimester I wanted to go ahead and write my "Family Friday" post. I hope you don't mind! :)

Tomorrow I will be 28 weeks pregnant! I'm officially in the third trimester and can't wait for Jack to get here. During the second trimester I felt tons better (no more nausea and not as tired). I will say that I felt slightly disappointed with my energy levels as I had heard how wonderful the second trimester is supposed to be. Yes, I no longer felt sick 24/7 and didn't need to go to bed by 8:30pm, but I wasn't exactly ready to go run a marathon either. I guess that was just an unrealistic expectation that I had, but once I kind of figured things out I felt much better. There are still some random aches and pains in the second trimester, but overall it was really wonderful!

As I've gotten closer to the third trimester I've started having a little bit of trouble sleeping at night and heartburn has made an appearance :) I had a little bit of heartburn in the first trimester, but it pretty much went away. It isn't pleasant, but I'd prefer that to morning sickness!!

The second trimester has also brought the start of our childbirth preparation classes which has been so fun! We've had a breastfeeding class and infant/child CPR class. I think both were helpful in making us feel a little bit more confident as we get closer to Jack's arrival. Coming up next we will have prepared childbirth classes, an unmedicated childbirth class, and a hospital tour in the next month(s). We have also been so blessed to have sweet friends and family who have offered to throw us a baby shower! So I'm really looking forward to those. I'm anxious to start getting everything ready, but I'm holding off on buying too much since I know we have baby showers coming up. I gotta keep that "nesting" instinct in check!

Here are some pics from the second trimester:
16 weeks

18 weeks

25 weeks


Here's my updated questionnaire for the 2nd trimester:

How far along? 28 weeks
Total weight gain/measurements: I think I've gained about 20 lbs (I've been trying not to obsess over this, but still be conscious of the amount I'm gaining to make sure it is enough/not too much)
Maternity clothes: Yes!! One of my cousins was so kind to share her maternity clothes with me and they have been a huge help. I was not looking forward to buying a lot of clothes, so having some nice pants and tops was really helpful. I've supplemented with other items that I've bought, but it was so helpful to have those clothes. 
Stretch marks: Not yet
Sleep: Good! I have slept pretty well this semester (up until very recently). Daniel bought me a boppy body pillow and that has been really helpful for sleep. It took a few nights to get used to it, but now I can't sleep without it!
Best moment this trimester: Finding out the gender!
Miss anything? Being able to do more for myself. I am still able to do pretty much anything that I want, but it is a little bit hard to let other people do things for me. I know it is not safe to lift/move heavy objects, etc., and it has been hard for me to remember that my body is not just my own right now.
Movement: Lots & lots! I've loved it. He kicks hard enough for Daniel to feel, too.
Food cravings: I've really been into sweets :/ I am usually not a huge sweets person, but during this pregnancy I can't say no to a donut.
Anything making you queasy or sick? Nope
Gender: Boy! 
Labor signs: I've had braxton hicks twice, but no actual labor signs (thankfully).
Symptoms: I can't think of any symptoms right now.. 3rd trimester is bringing heartburn with it, but the 2nd was pretty easy. I will say that (TMI) digestive issues have remained throughout the 2nd trimester, but using some recommended over-the-counter products have helped tremendously.
Belly button in or out? In
Wedding rings on or off? Off. I can still wear my rings, but I've found that by the end of the day my hands are slightly swollen and I'm scared that my rings will get stuck. I've opted to wear a fake ring the past few weeks.
Happy or moody most of the time: I think mostly happy!
Looking forward to: Jack getting here!

No comments:

Post a Comment